Building networks is an important part of both your professional and personal life. It’s now commonly quoted that “you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with”. So if you’re not running with a herd that reflects your values and goals it might be time to upgrade.
Potential benefits of networking include:
- Finding out about new opportunities
- Teaming up with like-minded people to collaborate on projects/ideas
- Finding a mentor
- Becoming someone else’s mentor
- Exchanging ideas
- Getting out of your comfort zone
- Getting some advice
- Giving some advice
- Sharing experiences
- Making contacts for the future
On 14 November 2018, the Queensland Parliament passed the Mineral and Energy Resources (Financial Provisioning) Bill 2018. The bill acts as an important step towards implementing Queensland’s Mined Land Rehabilitation Policy and will feature a pooled financial provision fund and scheme manager.
The Act introduces two major reforms for the Queensland resource industry. It will:
- Replace the current financial assurance regime with a new financial provisioning scheme for all resource authorities to better deal with the environmental impacts of resource activities; and
- Introduce new progressive rehabilitation requirements for mining leases, through progressive rehabilitation and closure plans (PRC plans) for site specific application.