MEC Mining enabled a productive open cut coal mine to optimise an existing dragline operation, thereby decreasing truck and shovel use and maintaining coal targets. The company approached MEC to provide an analysis of options that would maintain budgeted coal uncovery while maximising dragline efficiency in a key operational pit. MEC presented a diverse range of options that allowed the client to prepare for any possible scenario. MEC prepared short term designs and plans and presented key findings that enabled the client to prioritise areas of the pit.
- Rider Seam
- Spoil Fit
- Post Strip
- Interburden closeout occurring over 300m strike length
- Dragline entry and exit
- Investigation of key geological factors.
- Analysed previous dragline performance in pit.
- Designed options to minimise post strip and allocate the optimal waste volume to dragline.
- Simulated various dragline dig plans to develop an optimised approach to uncovery while maintaining pit entry and exit.