The MEC Mining team are celebrating International Women’s Day by introducing you to some of the wonderful women who make it so great. We sat down with Recruitment Coordinator, Lauren Baldwin and asked her some questions to showcase her view on what it means to be a woman in the mining and resources sector.
Lauren is a Human Resources Professional with significant experience across strategic leadership and recruitment roles and has developed a passion for building relationships and utilising her extensive networks to deliver a collaborative talent acquisition experience for key stakeholders.
- What does International Women’s Day mean to you?
A day of recognition for incredible women in business, mining and resources.
- What does this year’s theme ‘Each for Equal’ mean for you?
Equality in each and every role between male and female.
- How do you overcome challenges in gender equality
I overcome challenges through proven delivery & outcomes communicated confidently.
- Do you have a role model/icon you look up to empower you when you face challenges in inclusion?
Not specifically, I admire a range of public figures working both in my space and outside of this in other industries. There are so many wonderful women doing incredible things.
- What’s your pledge to women in 2020 – how are you going to contribute to closing the gender gap?
I pledge to continue to educate on inclusion, diversity and inclusion through conversations during recruitment, across social platforms and surrounding networks.
We look forward to continuing the celebration of incredible women in our organisation here at MEC Mining now and every day.
#WeareMECMining #IWD2020 #EachForEqual