We provide relevant, practical and innovative professional development training directly applicable to the demanding roles on your mine site.
From long term concept study process mentoring to graduate skills boot camps, MEC training provides candidates with key skills and knowledge for site and office roles, addressing the challenge of using multiple tools to achieve effective operational outcomes.
What we do
MEC Mining provides relevant, practical and innovative professional development directly applicable to the demanding roles on your mine site.
How we do it
MEC Mining uses a combination of consultants to tailor the course content to meet the specific needs of the candidate. Drawing on a base lesson plan and massive resource pool to ensure examples are kept relevant and applicable, facilitators apply a continuous improvement model to the provision of training and mentoring services. Follow up visits by the facilitator are also encouraged to ensure the skills are embedded back on site, or in the office.
- Project management
- Operational management
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Ground Control Management
- Inrush and Seimic Risk Management
Our Training Courses
Open Cut Coal Professional Development Training (PDF)
- Short Term Dragline Planning
- Open Cut Drill and Blast Design – Coal
- Short Term Truck and Shovel Planning – Coal
- Short Term Coal Quality for Mine Schedulers
- Introduction to Medium Term Planning – Coal
- Introduction to Long Term Planning – Coal
- Coal Loss and Reconciliation Planning
- Production Dozer Planning
- XACT Short Term Scheduling