1.Commitment to Privacy
MEC Mining views privacy as an important individual right. We are required to comply with the Federal Information Privacy Act 2009 and its National Privacy Principles, and therefore our Privacy Statement applies to any personal information we collect, use or disclose, including the personal information of our employees and contractors.
2.Collecting Personal Information
All personal information collected by us, which forms part of your employment records, will be used for employment purposes only. This information is collected with your consent as part of the recruitment and on-boarding process and updated as required by your Human Resource Representative.
What your personal file typically contains:
• Resume or application for employment.
• Evidence of formal qualifications.
• Testing reports from the recruitment process.
• Original letter of offer signed by you.
• Personal details supplied by you – name, address, home phone, date of birth, education, qualifications, professional memberships, languages spoken, citizenship status, visa status (if applicable), emergency contact information.
• Copy of Tax File Number Declaration, banking and superannuation details provided by you.
• Career plans, performance review documentation and any correspondence relating to your career development, performance or disciplinary matters.
• All correspondence relating to your remuneration, transfers, promotion, performance and any other HR matters.
In addition, our Payroll system maintains personal employment and remuneration information and leave records.
3.How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We will only disclose employment information to third parties outside the firm with your agreement unless obliged by requirement or authority of law, such as workers compensation, or to lessen a threat to the life or health of a person.
If a third party, such as a bank, requires confirmation of your employment or other employment details, please authorise in writing your Human Resources Representative to provide the information.
4.Forwarding Personal Information to Third Parties
Should it be necessary to forward personal information outside the company, we will make every effort to ensure confidentiality such as sealed packages marked strictly private and confidential, open by addressee only. Examples where personal information is forwarded to a third party are:
• Superannuation details to our fund administrator.
• Workers compensation details to our workers compensation insurers.
• Tax File Number Declaration to the Australian Tax Office.
• Where MEC Mining must legally provide your personal information so that MEC Mining complies with court orders, subpoenas or other legislation that requires us to provide your personnel information.
5.Security of your Personal Information
We endeavour to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse and/or loss, and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and/or disclosure.
If you want to gain access to your personal information, correct or update your personal details, register a complaint about a breach of your privacy, or you have any other query relating to our Privacy Statement, please contact your Human Resource Representative.
This policy is scheduled to be reviewed annually or subject to changes in legislation or operating activities. This policy remains in force until such time as it is revoked.